Resolution on National Highways
A resolution to amend The National Highways Act (Inter) and to establish specific budgetary priorities.
Passed 5 Dec 2021, 12 Aye, 1 Nay, 0 Abstain
IDENTIFYING for the purposes of this resolution "The National Highways Act (Inter)",
OBSERVING the need for a more specified budget,
RECOGNISING the need for investigating pollution and emissions standards on vehicles,
NOTING the allocation of funds presently may be too generous for the Ministry's needs,
INSISTING a savings must be made to aid in the funding of alternative social priorities,
SELECTING for amendment Article 1, section 3, "The National Highway System shall be quarterly funded with ₣1,040,000,000."
HEREBY AMENDS the section to:
- 1.3 - The National Highway System shall be quarterly funded with a budget of ₣698,500,500, to be rationed as:
- 1.3.1 - 57.8% on the general infrastructure fund.
- 1.3.2 - 13.7% on general maintenance maintenance.
- 1.3.3 - 26.7% on construction and resurfacing.
- 1.3.4 - 1.3% on emergency and disaster savings.
- 1.3.5 - 0.1% on harbour and airport inspections.
- 1.3.6 - 0.1% on highway safety media and education campaigns.
- 1.3.7 - 0.2% on maintenance of road/rail level crossings.
- 1.3.8 - 0.1% for the funding of automated toll and freight weigh stations.
Article 2 - Automobile Regulations and Standards
- 2.1 - Establishes within the Ministry of Transportation the Department of Standards and Regulations.
- 2.2 - Enacts within Kodiak the International Performance Standard for Emissions as defined by the World Assembly.
- 2.3 - Allocates a budget of ₣2,500,000 per quarter for investigating, policing, and regulation of pollution-emitting vehicles within the Republic.
Proposed by New Asden, MGA
Minister for Transportation