The National Highways Act (Inter)
From The Kodiak Republic Wiki
An act to establish and maintain national road infrastructure.
Enacted during the Great Interregnum
Article 1 - Highways
- 1.1 - Existing highways are to be maintained by the Ministry of Transportation
- 1.2 - No new highways are to be gazetted by the Ministry.
- 1.3 - The National Highway System shall be quarterly funded with a budget of ₣698,500,500 to be rationed as:
- 1.3.1 - 57.8% on the general infrastructure fund.
- 1.3.2 - 13.7% on general maintenance maintenance.
- 1.3.3 - 26.7% on construction and resurfacing.
- 1.3.4 - 1.3% on emergency and disaster savings.
- 1.3.5 - 0.1% on harbour and airport inspections.
- 1.3.6 - 0.1% on highway safety media and education campaigns.
- 1.3.7 - 0.2% on maintenance of road/rail level crossings.
- 1.3.8 - 0.1% for the funding of automated toll and freight weigh stations.
Article 2 - Automobile Regulations and Standards
- 2.1 - Establishes within the Ministry of Transportation the Department of Standards and Regulations.
- 2.2 - Enacts within Kodiak the International Performance Standard for Emissions as defined by the World Assembly.
- 2.3 - Allocates a budget of ₣2,500,000 per quarter for investigating, policing, and regulation of pollution-emitting vehicles within the Republic.