The National Highways Act (Inter)
From The Kodiak Republic Wiki
An act to establish and maintain national road infrastructure.
Enacted during the Great Interregnum
Amended by the Transportation Expenditures Act, 654
Article 1 - Highways
- 1.1 - Existing highways are to be maintained by the Ministry of Transportation
- 1.2 - No new highways are to be gazetted by the Ministry.
- 1.3 - The National Highway System shall be quarterly funded with a budget of ₣275 million to be rationed as:
- 1.3.1 - 57.8% on the general infrastructure fund.
- 1.3.2 - 13.7% on general maintenance maintenance.
- 1.3.3 - 26.7% on construction and resurfacing.
- 1.3.4 - 1.3% on emergency and disaster savings.
- 1.3.5 - 0.1% on harbour and airport inspections.
- 1.3.6 - 0.1% on highway safety media and education campaigns.
- 1.3.7 - 0.2% on maintenance of road/rail level crossings.
- 1.3.8 - 0.1% for the funding of automated toll and freight weigh stations.
Article 2 - Automobile Regulations and Standards
- 2.1 - Establishes within the Ministry of Transportation the Department of Standards and Regulations.
- 2.2 - Enacts within Kodiak the International Performance Standard for Emissions as defined by the World Assembly.
- 2.3 - Allocates a budget of ₣300 thousand per quarter for investigating, policing, and regulation of pollution-emitting vehicles within the Republic.