National Defense Authorization Act, 643
An act to expand the capabilities of the armed forces of the republic. Amends and merges the Defense Act (Inter) and National Defense Reserve Act (637).
Passed 17/07/2022- 17 Aye, 1 Nay, 4 Abstain
Amended by Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act, 643
Amended by Military Funding Arrangement Act
Article 1 - Authorized Personnel
1.1 - The Kodiaker Army
- 1.1.1 - The Active Army shall be authorized end strength of 170,000 personnel of all ranks.
- 18.104.22.168 - 12th Armored Brigade shall be reconstituted at Joint Base (JB) Rykkbugh as 12th Armored Division.
- 22.214.171.124 - 17th Airborne Brigade and 100th Air Assault Brigade shall be reconstituted as 17th Infantry Division (Airborne).
- 126.96.36.199 - 3rd Infantry Division (Mechanized) shall be constituted at JB Taiping.
- 188.8.131.52 - 7th Infantry Division (Mechanized) shall be constitued at JB Mengtian.
- 1.1.2 - The Organized Reserve shall be authorized 310,000 personnel of all ranks.
- 184.108.40.206 - The maximum Organized Reserve personnel on Active Duty during peacetime is capped at 50,000 personnel of all ranks.
- 220.127.116.11 - 8th Infantry Division (Mechanized) (Reserve) shall be constituted at Rykkburg.
- 18.104.22.168 - 11th Armored Division (Reserve) shall be constituted at JB Taiping.
- 22.214.171.124 - 14th Infantry Division (Reserve) shall be constituted at JB Astroberg.
- 1.2.1 - The Navy shall be authorized an increase in end strength of 40,000 sailors of all ratings.
- 1.2.2 - Creates the Western Naval Terrirtory headquatered at Duckburg.
- 1.2.3 - Creates the Naval Reserve.
- 126.96.36.199 - The Naval Reserve authorized end strength shall be 30,000.
1.3 - The Kodiaker Air Force
- 1.3.1 - The Air Force shall be authorized an increased end strength to 50,000 personnel.
- 1.3.2 - Creates Air Defense Command at JB Rykkburgh.
- 1.3.3 - Creates the Air Force Reserve.
- 188.8.131.52 - The Air Force Reserve authorized end strength shall be 60,000 personnel.
- 184.108.40.206 - The Southern Reserve Air Command is constituted at JB Astroberg.
- 220.127.116.11 - The Northern Reserve Air Command is constituted at JB Taiping.
- 18.104.22.168 - The Eastern Reserve Air Command is constituted at JB Mengtian.
1.4 - The Kodiaker Coast Guard
- 1.4.1 - Creates the Kodiaker Coast Guard.
- 1.4.2 - The Coast Guard shall be authorized an end strength of 10,000 personnel.
- 1.4.3 - Two coastal patrol groups will be constituted at Rosalice and Robingrad.
Article 2 - Procurement
2.1 - Army Programs
- 2.1.1 – Three-year procurement authority for Modernized Attack Helicopter Program '43.
- 2.1.2 – Three-year procurement authority for Infantry Fighting Vehicle Model ’20 Modernization Package.
- 2.1.3 – Multiyear procurement authority for construction to align with division basing.
- 2.2.1 - Strategy for Domestic Destroyer Design ’52.
- 2.2.2 – Five-year procurement authority for Domestic Frigate Design ’43.
- 2.2.3 – Five-year procurement authority for Domestic Corvette Design ’22.
2.3 - Air Force Programs
- 2.3.1 – Strategy for Integrated Air Defense Command Systems.
- 2.3.2 – Strategy for Multirole Fighter Design ’52.
- 2.3.3 – Strategy for the establishment of an Anti-Missile Defense System.
2.4 - Coast Guard Programs
- 2.4.1 – Strategy for transfer of naval ships to Coast Guard Service.
2.5 - Joint Force Programs
- 2.5.1 – Strategy for establishing Joint Military Coordination.
2.6 - Military Research Programs
- 2.6.1 – Creates the Military Research Institute (MRI), responsible for the funding and execution of research programs for military technology. The MRI will be headquartered at Joint Base Rykkburg.
Article 3 - Funding
- 3.1 - The Ministry of Defense authorization for Defense Spending is set at ₣10.2 billion per year at ₣2.550 billion per quarter.
- 3.2 – The Army budget is changed to ₣975 million per quarter.
- 3.3 – The Navy budget is changed to ₣577.5 million per quarter.
- 3.4 – The Air Force budget is changed to ₣760 million per quarter.
- 3.5 – The Coast Guard budget is changed to ₣87.5 million per quarter.
- 3.6 – The Military Research Institute budget is created at ₣150 million per quarter.
Author: Oskar Luchens, MGA (NUP)