The Reasonable Wage Act, 653
PASSED on 23 APRIL 2023 with 22 Aye, 2 Nay, and 3 Abstain.
In order to establish a fair and beneficial workplace for all citizens of Kodiak, the General Assembly of the Republic of Kodiak hereby enacts the Reasonable Wage Act which shall Amend the Labour Act (Inter).
Amending Article 1 - The Work Week
- 1.1.1 For the purposes of this bill, part-time employees are considered to be any employee who regularly works less than the full work week.
- 1.2 Employees who work overtime will receive 150% compensation for hours worked overtime in hourly employment.
- 1.2.1 Overtime is defined as working more than 30 minutes over the maximum workweek hours for their employment type or for more than 12 hours in a 36-hour period for full-time employees.
- 1.3 Employees who work extraordinary hours will receive 150% compensation for extraordinary hours worked.
- 1.3.1 Extraordinary hours are defined as hours worked between 2200 hours and 0600 hours.
- 1.4 Employees who work in hazardous conditions will receive 150% compensation for any work done under hazardous conditions.
- 1.4.1 Hazardous conditions are defined as working conditions wherein the employee is unduly subject to danger of life or limb.
- 1.5 Employees working part-time roles will receive a pro-rata share of the rights and benefits provided to full-time workers.
- 1.6 Any employee who works under any condition outlined in 1.2.1, 1.3.1, or 1.4.1 will receive concurrent benefits of the conditions worked based on the base pay of the employee working in those conditions.
Ammending Article 4 - Minimum Wage
- 4.1 Establishes the universal minimum wage at 40 florins per hour for hourly employment.
- 4.2 Establishes the universal minimum wage at 80,000 florins per year for salaried employment.
- 4.3 Establishes the universal sick pay for full-time employees, equal to their established salary for hours not worked while on sick leave.
Written by Braughn Kryos, MGA