National school bus act 650
From The Kodiak Republic Wiki
National School Bus Act 650
Passed 2 March 2023 by a vote of: Aye 15, Nay 1, Abstain 2
Article One - The National School Bus Department
- 1.1 - A national school bus department will be created under the Ministry of Transportation.
- 1.2 - This department will be quarterly funded with 3,000,000 florins which will be used for the overall running of the department.
Article Two - School Buses
- 2.1 - The department will only purchase school buses that fit national standards as outlined in 'The Better Bus Act'
- 2.2 - Additional national standards for school buses are as follows:
- 2.2.1 - A school bus is defined as a bus fitting strict safety and quality standards that is used to transport students to and from school and to other such events.
- 2.2.2 - School buses must be equipped with at least three emergency exits.
- 2.2.3 - School buses must be able to transport at least 34 children and 24 adults.
- 2.2.4 - All school buses must be equipped with seat belts for every seat and at least two per seat.
Article Three - Routes
- 3.1 - The ministry of transportation will work with the ministry of education to determine routes
- 3.2 - Routes will be overseen by regional governments
- 3.3 - These routes will take into account the safety of the children and the fastest way to get them to school
- 3.4 - These routes shall be reconsidered every year
Written by Jonn Stevens MGA (DPPK), Minister of Transportation