MockGov Citizenship Rules
From The Kodiak Republic Wiki
Return to Kodiak Law Code
The Community Citizenship Act (636)
An act to define the process by which visitors become members of the Kodiak Community.
Passed 4 Feb 2022 - 12 Aye, 0 Nay, 3 Abstain.
Article 1 - Provisions of Citizenship
- 1.1 - Citizenship shall entitle a member to participate and vote in the RolePlay Mock-Government of the Kodiak Republic.
- 1.2 - Citizenship shall entitle a member to participate and vote in the creation and amendment of Kodiak Community rules, procedures, and services.
- 1.3 - Considerate of other requirements, only citizens may hold administrative or moderation positions in the Kodiak Community.
Article 2 - Acquiring Citizenship
- 2.1 - Citizenship shall be bestowed manually by an administrator or moderator who must ensure the prospective citizen fulfills all the obligations in this act.
- 2.2 - New citizens must have themselves requested citizenship and completed an application.
- 2.3 - New citizens must have a custom profile picture.
- 2.4 - New citizens must have completed an introduction post.
- 2.5 - New citizens must have completed one of the following;
- 2.5.1 - Confirmed a NationStates.net WA nation with an admin, or;
- 2.5.2 - Been a member of the Discord for a minimum two weeks and posted at least 10 times in that period, or;
- 2.5.3 - Been popularly acclaimed by the General Assembly, or;
- 2.5.4 - Had their nomination personally approved by a former Senior Official in good standing as a known person, or;
- 2.5.5 - Confidentially provided a Facebook profile to the Admin, or;
- 2.5.6 - Been a former Kodiak Citizen in good standing.
Article 3 - Maintaining Citizenship
- 3.1 - A citizen census shall be taken after every second General Election.
- 3.2 - This census shall also confirm the 2.5.1 or 2.5.5 requirements if those were pathways to citizenship.
- 3.3 - Any citizen that does not complete the census before the following General Election shall have their citizenship revoked but shall remain in good standing.
Article 4 - Losing Citizenship
- 4.1 - Any citizen that does not complete the citizen census shall have their citizenship revoked but shall remain in good standing.
- 4.2 - Any citizen account found to be a sock-puppet of another citizen shall have both accounts citizenship revoked in controversial standing.
- 4.3 - Any citizen banned for unethical, illegal, or disharmonising conduct as defined in other acts shall have their citizenship revoked in controversial standing.
- 4.4 - Any citizen account found to be using a non-citizen sock-puppet as a conduit for unethical, illegal, or disharmonising conduct as defined in other acts shall have their citizenship revoked in controversial standing.