Disability Support Act, 645
Disability Support Act
Recognising that disability, either physical or mental, can be debilitating and may cause hardship due to either inaccessibility of employment opportunities, or the inability of undergoing employment due to physical or mental impairment. This act aims to provide support in the form of Disability Support payments
PASSED on 21 December 2022, with 18 Aye, 0 Nay, 1 Abstain.
Article I: Purpose, Funding, and Administration
- 1.1 - Establishes the Disability Support Fund, for the purpose of supporting citizens with disability with an income support payment.
- 1.2 - The Disability Support payment and funding will be administered by Patal Administrative HQ on behalf of the Ministry of Social Services, with guidance and instruction from the Ministry.
- 1.3 - Branch offices in all major provincial capitals will additionally be charged with the processing of claims either in-person, by phone, or using online services.
- 1.4 - The Fund shall be financed with ₣1,000,000,000 quarterly.
Article II: Eligibility
- 2.1 - Eligibility for the Disability Support payment will be under both non-medical and medical rules.
- 2.2 - Non-medical rules cover the following:
- 2.2.1 - The applicant is over the age of 16.
- 2.2.2 - The applicant is not currently a dependent supported by another payment of reasonably equivalent value as determined by the Ministry of Social Services.
- 2.2.3 - The applicant is a citizen of The Kodiak Republic, or a permanent resident.
- 2.2.4 - The applicant does not currently earn more than ₣40,000 annually.
- 2.3 - Medical rules require the following:
- 2.3.1 - The applicant has proof of disability that either prevents the applicant from obtaining full-time work, or prevents the applicant from gaining any employment.
- 2.3.2 - Proof is provided by a registered medical practitioner.
- 2.4 - The Ministry of Social Services is required to maintain and update medical conditions (physical or mental) that are eligible for the Disability Support payment.
- 2.5 - If the applicant is incapable of reasonably understanding requirements or making decisions, then a nominated Carer may apply on behalf of the applicant.
- 2.5.1 - The carer must provide proof that they are able to act on behalf of the applicant, as directed by the Ministry of Social Services.
- 2.6 - Applicants are required to provide a yearly update to the Ministry of Social Services regarding their current health and working conditions, unless a waiver is granted for a longer time period.
Article III: Payments
- 3.1 - Payments are made monthly.
- 3.2 - If the applicant has an annual income of between ₣20,000 to ₣40,000, they are eligible for a support payment scaled based on earnings of between ₣500 - ₣1500 per month as determined by the Ministry of Social Services.
- 3.3 - If the applicant has an annual income of less than ₣20,000, they are eligible for a support payment scaled based on earnings of between ₣1000 - ₣2000 per month as determined by the Ministry of Social Services.
Proposed by Minister of Social Services Hester Sirocco-Loren, KWP, Year 645.