Fourth Constitution of the Bromannikhan Kingdom
From The Kodiak Republic Wiki
In order to establish clear and efficient government positions, we, the High Council of the Last Kingdom, hereby lay forth this Mandate in order to secure the duties of government of the High Council.
?? May 2008
- The King is the founder of the Last Kingdom. The King may not be impeached and serves as long as he lives in the NationStates world.
- The King may veto any legislation that comes out of the House of Commons or the High Council, yet he is still a member of the High Council. The veto may be overridden by a 2/3 vote or more from the Council or House of Commons (depending on which body the veto pertains to).
- The King may accept or deny ambassadors at any time for whatever reason, and he shall serve as the main leader of Foreign Affairs.
- The King may negotiate treaties or pacts across the NS world. At anytime may he make a military alliance or pact. The High Council, however, may vote to close down an embassy (or repeal a treaty) if the relationship does not prove beneficial.
- The King has the power to appoint any number of Royal Advisors, a Minister of State, and a military General to the High Council. All of these positions serve at the discretion of the King.
- The King has the power to appoint a regent to serve on his behalf while he is away.
The High Council
- The High Council is the highest body in the land.
- The members of the High Council shall be the King, Regent, High General, Viscount, Lord President, Security Advisor, Minister of State, and 4 elected representative positions called Exemplars.
- The High Council (and the King himself) has the power to pass resolutions and acts that affect the Last Kingdom; however, no Council can bind its successor, meaning no Council can past a law that cannot be changed or repealed.
The House of Commons
- The House of Commons is the main legislative body in the region. Once legislation is passed through the HoC, it becomes law; however, should the majority of the High Council choose to veto a law, the bill will be put up for vote again.
- Entry into the House of Commons is done through application. When a nation applies to be in the House of Commons, the HoC will vote on his application for admittance.
The Lord President
- The Lord President is the UN Delegate of the region. It is the duty of the Lord President to collect votes on UN resolutions/proposals.
- Upon arrival to the Last Kingdom, all UN nations are required to endorse the current Lord President/UN Delegate within two days of their arrival, as the Lord President has the right to the Delegate seat.
- The Lord President shall appoint, and run on a ballot with, a Vice President. The duty of this Vice President is to serve as an aid to the President, and also to be the Party Commissioner. Legislation may be provided to further describe the duties of such a position.
- The Regent is an advisor to the King. It is his job to implement any requests at all from the King. In addition, he received the King's powers when the King is gone for any unannounced, extended period of time.
- The Regent is appointed by the King for life unless he wishes to resign.
The Minister of State
- The Minister of State is the State correspondent to the King and serves at the discretion of the King.
- He is in charge of any internal activities of the region as well as thinking up and managing extra things to do (i.e, forum games, regional activities, etc.). He is required to submit a report to the King every two weeks.
- The Chancellor is a position elected by the entirety of the region and serves a four-month term.
- His job involves getting people active in the House of Commons, chairing meetings of the Commons, informing the region of such votes and the outcomes of such meetings, and doing everything in his power to make the region more active for the better.
- Exemplars shall be citizens representatives on the High Council.
- Elections for exemplar positions will be staggered, meaning after the first month one exemplar will be re-elected, after the second: one more, and after the third: the remaining two, so that each exemplar thereafter serves a term of 3 months
- The process for removing an exemplar from the High Council must be done either by majority vote of the High Council, majority vote of the House of Commons, or decision from the Supreme Court.
The Armed Forces
- The armed forces/military is strictly independent from adherence to TLK laws. Any discrepancies therein shall be decided between the High General and the King
- The Judicial System of the Last Kingdom shall follow the Judicial Code posted in the Supreme Court area of the forum.
- Any discrepancies herein shall be provided for by a committee of the King, Regent, and Chief Justice.