Community Code of Conduct
From The Kodiak Republic Wiki
(Redirected from The Code of Conduct Act, 629)
An act to establish the Code of Conduct within the Kodiak Republic’s community spaces. We recognise that all citizens and guests of our Republic should be able to engage and interact with one another safely, enjoyably, and free of harassment.
Passed 22 June 2021 - 13 Aye, 0 Nay, 0 Abstain, 2 Absent
Article 1 – Community Spaces
- 1.1 - A community space is defined as spaces that are officially operated by The Kodiak Republic.
- 1.2 - The Kodiak Republic forums, Discord server(s), Nationstates pages and Regional Message Board are official community spaces.
Article 2 – Conduct
- 2.1 - No persons shall be discriminated against due to age, disability, ethnicity, gender, identity, race, religion, sexuality, and socioeconomic status.
- 2.2 - Harassment is a violation of community standards and is not tolerated. This includes harassment through private means such as forum PMs, telegrams, and discord PMs should complaints be made in that regard to Administrators and Moderators.
- 2.3 - Baiting, insults, and deliberate provocation towards argument and conflict is not tolerated.
- 2.4 - Spam posting/messages should be kept to relevant sections appropriate for spamming.
- 2.5 - Deliberate spamming or posting in any area of the community relating to, but not limited to, pornography, disturbing media, illegal content, advertisement, or content that is malicious and/or causes security risks to a person or their computers/devices is strictly prohibited.
- 2.6 - To enable a community that is safe for all, we run with a PG-13 policy in all instances of interaction. Keep the community safe for work.
- 2.7 - The safety of our community is important, and therefore it is prohibited to violate a person’s privacy, and to post real-life identifying information of other persons, otherwise known as doxing.
- 2.7.1 - It is the prerogative of any person to share their own information, such as social media accounts.
- 2.8 - Attempting to access another person’s account, or otherwise impersonate another person is prohibited.
Article 3 – Enforcement
- 3.1 - Administrators and Moderators on all platforms that constitute a community space may enforce the code of conduct at their discretion and may involve:
- a) A single and final warning for minor infractions.
- b) Temporarily disabling posting or chat privileges, such as muting on Discord or removal of posting privileges on forums.
- c) Temporary bans of up to 1-3 days.
- d) Permanent bans
- 3.2 – An appeal regarding an enforcement decision may be requested to an Administrator. The Administrator may overturn the decision, or reject the appeal at their discretion.
- 3.3 - All bans, and removal of posting/chat privileges that reach the length of at least a temporary ban may be appealed to the Kodiak Courts.
- 3.4 - All enforcement decisions that relate to a ban will be recorded in a public ledger with relevant details, reasoning, and decision maker(s) listed.
- 3.5 - Evidence supporting enforcement decisions must be saved and produced should the Courts require it.
Contributors - Amber Silmeria Delacroix-Grey (Author), Martang B. Eðeltreow, Ulrykk von Guelderlaand