Amendment: The Advanced Education Act
From The Kodiak Republic Wiki
An amendment to The Advanced Education Act (637).
PASSED 01 MAY 2023, with 14 Aye, 2 Nay, and 6 Abstaining.
Article 2 - Technical Colleges
- 2.1 - Funding for The Star Path State Technical Colleges shall be provisioned under this act.
- 2.2 - The Star Path State Technical Colleges shall be funded and built by the Government. The Headquarters of The Star Path will be located in Rykkburgh. These Technical Colleges will be under the management of the Ministry of Education.
- 2.2.1 - All facilities built may be contracted out to businesses that are able to take on the responsibility of managing The Star Path State Technical Colleges. The Ministry of Education will have the responsibilities of setting requirements for businesses' to win these contracts.
- 2.3 - The Star Path State Technical Colleges skills taught shall be dictated by this Article of The Advanced Education Act more may be added to it by the Ministry of Education but nothing may be removed or modified unless it is by the General Assembly.
- 2.3.1 - Welding
- 2.3.1 - Under Water Welding
- 2.3.1 - Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- 2.3.1 - Machinist
- 2.3.1 - Mining
- 2.3.1 - Truck Driving
- 2.3.1 - Material Handling (Warehouse Work)
- 2.3.1 - Agriculture Skills
- 2.3.1 - Carpentry
- 2.4 - The Ministry Of Education shall be in charge of setting the requirements and paths for entrance and graduation into The Star Path State Technical Colleges. The Ministry of Education will also be responsible for determining the number of students enrolled in the Colleges yearly.
- 2.5 - The Star Path State Technical Colleges shall Provide housing and Food to all students who are staying in the facilities.
- 2.6 - Students shall not be removed from or rescinded facilities until they have been placed in an apprenticeship or employed for a period of 3 or more months, except in instances of academic failure or disciplinary expulsion.
- 2.6.1 - Housing shall be provided for the student for up to 3 months following graduation or termination of the student. Any housing and board fees must be repaid by the student within 12 months after leaving student housing.
- 2.7 - The Star Path State Technical College funding shall be set at 250,000,000 florins per quarter.
Authored by Belial Pandor (FED). Sponsored by Louis von Hengstler (NUP) and Braughn F. G. Kryos (KWP).